The Most Profitable Feed on the Farm.
Liz Russell …”I am very passionate about this subject. I grieve at how much feed value is lost between the standing crop in the field and feed-out from the silage pit. All silage is expensive to make, the most expensive is bad silage. Silage-making is simply about minimising nutrient losses and waste”.
OptiSile Extra: New and unique-to-UK three-strain biological silage inoculantThis new, unique formulation is based on the very latest knowledge about biological silage additives for:
- Rapid fermentation
- High palatability
- Maximum nutrient preservation
- Inhibition of clostridia, yeasts and mycotoxins
- Cool, stable clamp face
- Suits wide range of dry matters
- Ultimately increases milk yield and helps you make more money
A new three-strain combination of Lactobacilli developed by Envirosystems is employed in OptiSile Extra. One is the widely used L plantarum, to support a standard lactic acid fermentation. The combination of the other two are not used for any other UK silage additive and produce acetic acid, a proven inhibitor of moulds, yeasts and Clostridia.
Lactic and acetic acid in combination create fast, stable preservation, and maximise palatability and nutrient availability. During development, the formulation performed very well in scientific trials and on a number of farmers that used the additive on a full scale.
REMEMBER: THE BEST GRASS CONTAINS MORE NUTRIENTS. THIS MEANS IT IS EVEN MORE IMPORTANT TO USE A RELIABLE INOCULANT. THE MORE EFFICIENTLY PRESERVED PROTEIN AND FME, WILL THEN MAKE MORE MILK FROM THE CROP YOU HAVE GROWN, SAVING £1000’S ON FEED BILLS.
Always use an inoculant – Why?
- To drop the plant pH from 7 – 4 rapidly. This preserves the grass nutrients and only encourages desirable bacteria in the pit.
- A rapid biological drop in pH helps preserve the protein in a form very available to the cow, keeping it in a similar form to grass protein.
- The ensiled crop doesn’t shrink as much if it is stabilised fast and contains more plant juices. Therefore more preserved nutrients are available at feed out.
- Not all additives contain yeast and mould inhibitors. This is usually an essential ingredient to give stability at feed out which improves intake, digestibility and utilisation of the silage.
- Solution – Inoculants for all forage types and weather conditions